Sunday, January 7, 2007

Back to life as we know it

It always seems that I never cook over the holidays. And yet, we always have plenty. How can this be? Maybe it's just that I'm so caught up in holiday business that I don't remember cooking - except for Christmas Eve, which is our big celebratory meal. There's always a ham, from which we usually get several meals, then bean soup.

So here we are. Inventory at the shop is over, and I can almost breathe again. What's for dinner this week? Hmmm. My wonderful husband picked up hamburger and buns at Giant today, so dinner was easy after a long day at the shop. He wants a meatloaf and a London Broil later this week. I'd like to use up the sweet potatoes in the pantry. And we have a 2-lb. bag of shrimp in the freezer. Pasta one night appeals too, but not with a tomato-based sauce. What though? Hmm. I'll have to take a look at Giada's site.

Here's the recipe line-up so far. This will get the last of the ham out of the fridge, keep me from having to cook up a big meal after the last of inventory, and stave off a big-deal grocery trip until maybe next week when more stuff is on sale!

Monday - grilled ham and cheese paninis

Tuesday - Pasta with sundried tomatoes, feta, and artichoke hearts

Wednesday - Shrimp with pesto linguini

Thursday - London Broil and sweet potatoes or baked potatoes

Friday - Pizza night!

Saturday -

Sunday - Meat loaf, baked potatoes, broccoli

No comments: