Sunday, December 10, 2006

Introduction

I love to cook. It can be pretty tough to feed 4 kids with varying tastes and tolerances and still enjoy the process, but we manage. I have my yarn store, and the kids have sports and other activities, so I can't put together a comfy pot-roast every night. But I am a big believer in healthy, balanced meals, and we sit down to dinner together every night. I know it seems really old fashioned, but hey, in a lot of ways, that's who I am.

It helps me to plan ahead, and I love a bargain, so I review the Giant weekly circulars, and plan the week's meals around what's on sale. I scour around Epicurious.com for recipes, and try to throw in at least one meal each week that's a favorite with at least on of the children. And sometimes I'm surprised with what they're willing to try, and what becomes a "keeper."

So this is really a boring blog about What's for Dinner at Ellen's house.

No comments: